Required from: 23rd April 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Pay Scale: Grade 2, Point 2, Term time only
Salary: £17711p.a. (pro-rata)
Hours: Mon-Fri, 11.50am-1.05pm. 6¼ hours per week.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, positive, dedicated, emotionally intelligent and enthusiastic team player to join our friendly, caring and committed lunchtime team. In particular, we are looking for someone to support children at lunchtimes in promoting positive play, teamwork, and friendship, as well as supporting children with their pastoral care. In addition, the role will include supervising children whilst eating their lunch and, following relevant training, providing minor first aid.
We are a 3-form entry Junior School, with four classes in Year 5, and have a Good rating by Ofsted. We have high expectations and a commitment to improve children’s learning and staff expertise, as well as having children who are keen to learn with enthusiastic and supportive staff, School Community Council and parents.
The successful applicant will be someone who will:
– Engage and motivate children to do their best, whilst having a passion and desire to want the very best for all children and a belief that every child can succeed.
– Like all children and will be able to establish excellent relationships with children and colleagues.
– Be an inspirational, positive, enthusiastic and supportive colleague, whilst being an excellent role model to children.
– Be proactive and have a desire to improve their own practice, whilst being open to advice, feedback and guidance from colleagues.
– Previous experience of working in a similar role and/or relevant training is desirable, but not essential.
We can offer you:
– A happy and supportive environment where staff and children learn alongside each other.
– Friendly and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
– A forward-looking school with high aspirations and standards.
Further details and application forms are available to download from this advert
How to apply: Completed application forms and supporting letter to be sent to Nikki Gunn (Headteacher’s PA) email@example.com
The supporting letter should include:
– why you should be appointed to the post;
– what strengths you bring to the role;
– how you would ensure children have a positive lunchtime experience
Rose Green Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post is subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including references, qualifications, health and enhanced DBS checks. Rose Green Junior School is part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust and the trust is fully committed to supporting the career development of all its staff.
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 29th March 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 4th April 2019
The job description can be found here
The application form can be found here