Schoolsworks Academy Trust – HR Assistant
Required from: March 2019 or as soon as is practicable
Hours: 5 days per week, 20 hours per week, all year round
Salary: Grade 4, scale point 14 (up to 31 March 2019) £17681 (full time equivalent) / scale point 5 as of April 2019 @ £18,795 FTE)
We are seeking to appoint an HR assistant to join our friendly, supportive and forward-thinking Academy Trust. The successful candidate will not necessarily have previous office experience, but will be positive, enthusiastic about contributing to the provision of high quality services to schools and have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Schoolsworks’ is a multi-academy trust, currently working with seven primary schools in West Sussex. In 2016, Schoolsworks was awarded permission to open a new free school in Littlehampton, and we are currently awaiting confirmation from the Department for Education about an opening date.
The HR assistant will work under the local guidance of the HR Manager based at the Academy Trust offices in River Beach Primary School. The main function of the role is to provide support services with the Academy Trust’s Shared Services Team in the administration of the Trust workforce and payroll provision. This includes responsibility for day to day operational processing of data such as timesheets and absence returns, filing and general office administration. You will liaise closely with school staff to ensure accurate administration and provide occasional cover for the trust finance assistant.
This is a new role and there may be an opportunity in the future to increase the hours of work as the Trust expands or with further development of shared services for our schools.
National Joint Council pay award will take effect from 01 April 2019 and will have an FTE pay rate of £18,795 which equates to a pro rata value of £10,159.46 p.a.
The successful candidate will:
Have good organisational, administrative and IT skills.
- Be proactive and demonstrate initiative, whilst being able to manage their time effectively
- Be emotionally intelligent, have good communication skills, be approachable and be able to establish excellent relationships with staff and other stakeholders.
- Work in a confidential environment
- Have high expectations of themselves, be committed to achieving the best for the Academy Trust, and continuously strive to achieve this
- Be an excellent team player who can support the Academy Trust vision
- Be reliable, diligent and maintain confidentiality
- Be enthusiastic to move their learning forward by taking on relevant support, advice and training
- Be flexible and adaptable to work with the changing needs of the Academy Trust
Visits to the Academy Trust are welcome.
Please contact Mrs Louise Pope (PA to the Executives) to arrange your visit on 01903 73 99 88 or email@example.com
The job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from www.schoolsworks.org.
Schoolsworks Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and there is an expectation of all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring check and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 12 noon Wednesday 13th February
Interview Dates: Wednesday 20th February
The Job Description can be found here
The Person Specification can be found here
The Application form can be found here