Careers In Education with the Schoolsworks Academy Trust
As a multi-academy trust looking after several schools and with a head office function, we employ over 300 staff in teaching, non-teaching and support roles.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent to help us in our goal of delivering outstanding education.
- Location: Edward Bryant School, Bognor Regis
- Salary: NJC Grade 1, SCP1 £17364 p.a. pro rata (£3,898.78p.a. actual salary)
- Closing date:12 noon on Friday 27th September 2019
We have a vacancy for a cleaner to join our premises team to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our school. This is an important role in our school to ensure a highly effective learning and working environment for children and staff.
Details of the position are:
• Contract: Permanent
• Days: Monday – Friday term Time only
• Hours: 10 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (43.2 weeks paid)
• Salary: NJC Grade 1, SCP1 £17364 p.a. pro rata (£3898.78p.a. actual salary)
• Start date: As soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
• Have very high expectations of themselves and the quality of their work;
• Take a pride in the school and value the importance of their role in promoting children’s learning;
• Be an excellent team player and work well with others;
• Be flexible and have a positive attitude;
• Have good communication skills;
• Be proactive and demonstrate initiative.
If you are interest in applying for this position please complete an application form available to download from this advert or from the school office and return it no later than 12 noon on Friday 27th September 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2nd October.
Edward Bryant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post is subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including references, qualifications, health and enhanced DBS checks. Edward Bryant School is part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust and the trust is fully committed to supporting the career development of all its’ staff.
- Full details Application Form
PA to Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
- Location: Rustington Community Primary School
- Salary: 14 hours per week , Tuesday to Thursday, term time only until July 2021.
Grade 3, SCP3-4, £18065 to £18426 p.a. pro rata (actual £5,678.64 p.a)
- Closing date: Thursday 19 September at 4.00pm
Commencing as soon as practicable
We are looking for a positive, caring and well-motivated assistant to support the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion in undertaking her role for inclusion.
This position is available through the Governments Access to Work Scheme which is a fixed term agreement currently a two year period. The current agreement expires in August 2021 when it will be reviewed for a further set period. Therefore this post is temporary to run in line with the ATW scheme agreement dates.
Application forms and further information are available to download from this advert. Please address your application for the attention of Assistant Headteacher, Lucy Smith.
The closing date is 4pm on the 19th September 2019 and interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th September 2019.
Rustington Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post is subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including references, qualifications, health and enhanced DBS checks. Rustington Community Primary School is part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust and the trust is fully committed to supporting the career development of all its’ staff.
- Information Pack
Two non-executive Directors
- Schoolsworks Academy Trust in West Sussex seeks two non-executive directors with finance/accountancy, legal or HR skills. Board meetings are usually held in Littlehampton.
About the Trust
Schoolsworks Academy Trust (the Trust) currently has seven schools, 2,910 pupils and 421 staff. Trust schools are located between Worthing in the east to Selsey in the west along the south coast.
Trust ethos & values
Schoolsworks is a multi-academy trust strongly driven by its values. In practice, these values translate into the aspiration to create small hubs of schools which work closely together to collaborate, share best practice and improve outcomes for children.
Number of positions advertised: Two (2)
Roles 1 & 2 – Trustee/Non-Executive Director
Trustees – or non-executive directors – are both charity trustees and company directors of the academy trust; the role is to support and to hold to account the executive and senior leadership team. The board of trustees manages the business of the Trust and may exercise all the powers of the trust.
The Board is specifically seeking to expand its capacity to challenge and support the financial and accountancy operations of the Trust, although legal and HR skills would also be welcome.
All applicants must have excellent communication skills with energy and enthusiasm to support the education of children and willingness to contribute to a team. Applicants must be team-players and willing to take time to familiarise themselves with the state-funded primary education sector. Candidates will preferably reside within 20 miles of Littlehampton. The current board vacancies are for parents of children of nursery or primary school age (2-11).
For further information or an application form please contact one of the following:
- For further details click here
School Community Council Members
We are seeking new School Community Council (SCC)* Members to provide local governance support for our schools and Headteachers. Our SCC’s play a valuable role in supporting our schools and in keeping each one effectively connected to its wider community. School Community Councils are made up of a mixture of staff, parents and members of the local community. Members of each SCC actively support the work of both the Trust and the school in delivering a high-quality education for our children. This governance role involves working with the school’s leadership team to keep the work of the school under constant review by acting as a critical friend.
The schools which currently have School Community Council vacancies are:
- Medmerry Primary School, Selsey
Downsbrook Primary School, Worthing
Edward Bryant School, Bognor Regis
River Beach Primary School, Littlehampton
Usually, each SCC meets once or twice a term to discuss the school’s progress, focus, ethos and direction. In order to fulfill its function effectively, the work of the SCC is divided across six portfolios, with every SCC member being involved in at least one portfolio:
- Teaching, Learning and Performance Portfolio (to raise standards of teaching and learning)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Portfolio (to ensure pupil happiness, welfare and safety)
- Finance and Audit Portfolio (the efficient, appropriate and compliant use of local finances)
- Health & Safety and Premises Portfolio (to ensure school premises are safe and secure and a positive learning environment)
- Senior Leadership Team Liaison and School Support Portfolio (to support the academy school’s management team)
- Community Engagement and Fundraising Portfolio (to ensure effective engagement within the school community)
Training and induction are provided. The role is very rewarding and offers an excellent opportunity to volunteer, get involved in helping local children and play an active part in the community.
The application process would involve the completion of an application form and a meeting with the Chair of the School Community Council and a representative of the Trust which looks after the school. A DBS check is also required once appointed.
If you would like to find out more please contact Louise Pope in the first instance on 01903 739988 or email email@example.com.
*Schoolsworks School Community Councils replaced Local Governing Bodies in 2016
- Medmerry Primary School, Selsey
Teaching Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional teachers that can help us deliver an outstanding education for our children. If you think you can add something to our pupils' lives please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.
Teaching Support Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional candidates that would like to help our teachers and leaders deliver an outstanding education to our children. If you think you can add something to our organisation please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.
Trust Support Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional candidates that would like to become part of the Schoolsworks team. If you think you can add something to our organisation please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.