Careers In Education with the Schoolsworks Academy Trust
As a multi-academy trust looking after several schools and with a head office function, we employ over 300 staff in teaching, non-teaching and support roles.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent to help us in our goal of delivering outstanding education.
Premises Maintenance Assistant
- Location: River Beach Primary School
- Salary: £18065 - £18426 p.a. pro rata
- Closing date: 12 noon Friday 10th January 2020
Required from: As soon as practicable from January 2020
Title of Post: Premises Maintenance Assistant
Grade: Grade 3, SCP 3-4 £18,065 - £18,426 p.a. pro rata
Hours: 15 hours per week over 5 days, 3pm to 6pm (times may be flexible and task specific)
Contract: Temporary, 52 weeks a year, January 2020 to August 2020 in the first instance
Annual leave entitlement: 23 days plus bank holidays p.a. pro rata, to be taken by arrangement with the Headteacher based around the needs of the school.
River Beach Primary School is part of Schoolsworks Academy Trust. We are currently seeking to appoint a temporary Premises Maintenance Assistant to support the Headteacher in the maintenance of the school site.
To meet the needs of the school, it will require working hours to have a degree of flexibility around the school day and may be flexible and task specific.
The successful applicant will:
• have experience of completing common maintenance or DIY-type tasks
• be able to work closely with professionals and pupils in the school
• be able to manage their own workload, including managing time effectively
• ensure that the school is well maintained, clean and tidy
• be a team player
Please see job description for more information of duties.
Please contact the office if you would like to arrange a visit either via email
email@example.com or phone 01903 725500 and speak to Julie Sampson, Office Manager.
This post is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced criminal records bureau (Schoolsworks Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and there is an expectation of all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including references, qualifications, health and enhanced DBS checks. River Beach Primary School is part of Schoolsworks Academy Trust and the trust is fully committed to supporting the career development of all its’ staff.
Application forms and a job description can be downloaded from this advert or by contacting Mrs Julie Sampson, Office Manager, on 01903 725500. Applications should be returned to the school by hand or via post to River Beach Primary School or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 10th January 2020
Interviews will be held: Friday 17th January 2020
- Full details Job Description Person Specification
- Location: Medmerry Primary School
- Salary: £18065 p.a. pro rata
- Closing date: noon on Thursday 12th December 2019
Required from: January 2020
Grade: 3, Scale point 3 Salary: £18,065.a. (pro-rata)
Contract: Fixed term (due to funding) until 20 July 2020
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, term-time only
Medmerry Primary School is a small primary academy school, part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust. We are currently seeking to appoint a teaching assistant to our friendly team, to support a Year 6 pupil to access the curriculum and participate fully in the life of the school. This will involve one to one support in and outside the classroom.
Due to the nature of the post, this is a temporary role, with the expectation that it will be in place until 20th July 2020.
The successful applicant will:
• have previous experience of working with children or young people, ideally including supporting pupils with significant emotional learning and communication needs and related behaviours;
• enjoy working with children with a range of needs, and supporting them to succeed in their learning;
• support the class teacher in providing a positive, supportive and enthusiastic environment and modelling high expectations of children’s behaviour and learning;
• be well-organised and efficient, while retaining flexibility to adapt to circumstances;
participate and contribute fully to our staff team;
• be keen to improve their own practice, and respond well to feedback and guidance from colleagues;
• communicate effectively with children, professionals and other adults;
• hold GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths.
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the school and to discuss the post with the headteacher. Please make an appointment via the school office (email@example.com or 01243 602738).
The Schoolsworks Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to successful DBS, health and qualifications checks and satisfactory references. Schoolsworks Academy Trust and the trust is fully committed to supporting the career development of all its’ staff.
Applications can be returned to the school by hand, via post or email.
Closing Date: Noon on Thursday 12th December 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th December 2019
Two non-executive Directors
- Schoolsworks Academy Trust in West Sussex seeks two non-executive directors with finance/accountancy, legal or HR skills. Board meetings are usually held in Littlehampton.
- About the Trust
Schoolsworks Academy Trust (the Trust) currently has seven schools, 2,910 pupils and 421 staff. Trust schools are located between Worthing in the east to Selsey in the west along the south coast.Trust ethos & values
Schoolsworks is a multi-academy trust strongly driven by its values. In practice, these values translate into the aspiration to create small hubs of schools which work closely together to collaborate, share best practice and improve outcomes for children.Role summary
Number of positions advertised: Two (2)
Roles 1 & 2 – Trustee/Non-Executive DirectorTrustees – or non-executive directors – are both charity trustees and company directors of the academy trust; the role is to support and to hold to account the executive and senior leadership team. The board of trustees manages the business of the Trust and may exercise all the powers of the trust.Person specification
The Board is specifically seeking to expand its capacity to challenge and support the financial and accountancy operations of the Trust, although legal and HR skills would also be welcome.
All applicants must have excellent communication skills with energy and enthusiasm to support the education of children and willingness to contribute to a team. Applicants must be team-players and willing to take time to familiarise themselves with the state-funded primary education sector. Candidates will preferably reside within 20 miles of Littlehampton. The current board vacancies are for parents of children of nursery or primary school age (2-11).
For further information or an application form please contact one of the following:Sue Hawthorn (Chair of the Board) firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Seaton (CEO) email@example.com
School Community Council Members
- We are seeking new School Community Council (SCC)* Members to provide local governance support for our schools and Headteachers. Our SCC’s play a valuable role in supporting our schools and in keeping each one effectively connected to its wider community. School Community Councils are made up of a mixture of staff, parents and members of the local community. Members of each SCC actively support the work of both the Trust and the school in delivering a high-quality education for our children. This governance role involves working with the school’s leadership team to keep the work of the school under constant review by acting as a critical friend.The schools which currently have School Community Council vacancies are:
- Downsbrook Primary School, Worthing
East Preston Junior School, Littlehampton
Edward Bryant School, Bognor Regis
Medmerry Primary School, Selsey
River Beach Primary School, Littlehampton
- Teaching, Learning and Performance Portfolio (to raise standards of teaching and learning)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Portfolio (to ensure pupil happiness, welfare and safety)
- Finance and Audit Portfolio (the efficient, appropriate and compliant use of local finances)
- Health & Safety and Premises Portfolio (to ensure school premises are safe and secure and a positive learning environment)
- Senior Leadership Team Liaison and School Support Portfolio (to support the academy school’s management team)
- Community Engagement and Fundraising Portfolio (to ensure effective engagement within the school community)
- Downsbrook Primary School, Worthing
Teaching Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional teachers that can help us deliver an outstanding education for our children. If you think you can add something to our pupils' lives please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.
Teaching Support Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional candidates that would like to help our teachers and leaders deliver an outstanding education to our children. If you think you can add something to our organisation please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.
Trust Support Staff – General Enquiries
- We are always keen to hear from exceptional candidates that would like to become part of the Schoolsworks team. If you think you can add something to our organisation please email Louise Pope with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and current situation.